This module looks at different ways educators can incorporate community building practices and methods into their work.
The learning objectives of this module are that you will be able to:
- Brainstorm ways in which icebreakers can be incorporated into your educational practice
- Define cooperative learning and identify its benefits
- Think creatively about how to structure learning spaces in ways that foster community
- Critique and assess the value of rules and rule-making in the classroom
- Devise questions that can be utilized during check-in processes and with learning buddies
Key ideas and terms for this module are: cooperative learning, icebreakers, community agreements, community building, check-ins